- Each week your student will be taking a spelling test; words can be found weekly on the website and the newsletter. There will be a pre-test every Monday. If students have all their spelling words correct, not including the sentence, they will be excused from taking the final test on Friday.
- Please remember to submit your Scholastic order online. Our classroom code is LLDKP. Orders are due by the 26th.
- Before taking AR tests in our classroom, the students must read through their books a total of three times (some exceptions apply).
- Students are more than welcome to borrow AR books for the night as long as they are returned promptly the following school day.
- Ever wonder if you student’s personal books are AR books? Go to www. arbookfind.com to find out.
- Please join us for the homecoming parade on September 19th. We will be meeting on the west side of Clinton at Lincoln Street. We will be meeting after the parade at St. John’sLutheranChurch for pizza. Please bring either a fruit, vegetable, or drink to share.
- It is not too late to sign up for Pen Pal’s. Please send $5 to the address listed on the form. Applications are due Sept. 19th.
Second Grade Third Grade
Skill: Magic silent E Skill: Short I
1) Games 1) slip
2) Take 2) fish
3) Make 3) pick
4) Name 4) rocks
5) Flame 5) lunch
6) Same 6) gift
7) Became 7) thing
8) Brake 8) inch
9) Snake 9) truck
10) Mistake 10) pond
11) Eyelid 11) from
12) Slide 12) jump
13) Line 13) socks
14) More 14) dish
15) Together 15) thump
The snake will slide. Do not slip on the rocks when you jump.
Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved.